Forum Discussion

ashleyatbraze
Community Manager
2 years ago

FAQ: Can I Use Purchase Events in Liquid?

Question: I want to personalize my message using purchase event properties as Liquid tags. Is this possible?

• You can use event properties for Purchase events in Liquid. It would be a similar format where you put an event property instead of a custom attribute:

{{event_properties.${your_custom_event_property/purchase_event_name}}}

There are two options:

1. Trigger message via API: you can use our API to trigger the message and attach trigger properties to the API call. The trigger properties can be pulled into a message via Liquid.
    2. Event property: you can send in event properties (we save them for 30 days) and pull them into a message with Liquid.
    ashleyatbraze
    Community Manager

You can use event properties for Purchase events in Liquid. It would be a similar format where you put an event property instead of a custom attribute:

{{event_properties.${your_custom_event_property/purchase_event_name}}}

There are two options:

1. Trigger message via API: you can use our API to trigger the message and attach trigger properties to the API call. The trigger properties can be pulled into a message via Liquid.
    2. Event property: you can send in event properties (we save them for 30 days) and pull them into a message with Liquid.